Saturday 13 August 2011

American diner/bars and waitress Kaye

2 nights ago I dreamt that I was in a very noisy and extremely busy diner. It was definitely supposed to be American, but then I've never been to America and have no idea what a diner over there really looks like - or if you even get diner bars. WHATEVER. 

I knew it was one. 



I was sat at the end of a very long wooden bar, and behind it was a big mirror. I couldn't see myself in the mirror, which I thought was slightly odd, but I just kind of went 'Meh'. There was only one waitress/bartender working, and she was rushing round like a mad woman. Most of the customers were men, and they were all getting pretty pissed off with her. I was really hungry, but I didn't want to be a bitch so I just waited my turn.

Eventually, she got round to me. I ordered some food (I have no idea what) and she bustled off to get it ready for me. I sat there staring at the room reflected in the mirror, watching everyone enjoying themselves. It was really, really sunny outside, but it was as if it was nightime inside. Anyway, I happened to look down the bar and, right at the end, I noticed by friend Kaye was sat there with a guy. She winked at me, but I was just surprised to see her (she lives in the US) so I didn't respond. She was waiting politely for the waitress as well, but she was trying to get my attention at the same time. She was leaning out over the bar, reaching around the other people so that I could see her properly, but I still wasn't responding. 

Just as I started to think 'Oh! It's Kaye!' there was a loud smash - the waitress  had dropped what I instinctively knew was my plate of food when she was coming out of the kitchen (I think she was supposed to be the cook too ^^;). All of the men started to jeer at her while she was squireling around on the floor trying to clear the mess up. 



I looked back at Kaye, who sighed and rolled her eyes at me. She got up off her stool, went around the bar and grabbed an apron. She didn't say anything, but I heard her think 'Well, if no one else is going to'. She put the apron on and went to help the waitress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment