Friday 29 April 2011

Stressful holidays on the farm

Last night I dreamt that I went on holiday to Beechenhill Farm, which is in the Peak District and is where my family and I used to go for holidays. It's a beautiful place to stay and there's lots of memories there for me <3


In the dream I remember being incredibly stressed, it felt like something terrible was happening to me and that I needed to get away. There wasn't any ifs or buts about it - I HAD to have a holiday, so I went to my dad (who died last year) and asked him what I should do. He told me that the only place to go was Beechenhill Farm and he arranged everything for me. It was like one minute I was saying 'Alright, I need a holiday' and the next I was there at the farm. 


Every time we've stayed there before we've been in the separate cottage, but this time I was in the main house, which looks like this:




I've never actually been in this part of the farm before, but in my dream everything looked warm and comforting, and there was a lot of wooden furniture and a HUGE television. There were dozens of bookcases packed with all of my favourite books, the fridge was fully stocked, the bed was amazing and everything was just perfect. I also remember feeling terribly small compared to all of the rooms, like I had somehow Alice in Wonderland-ed myself. 




This all lasted for about a day, and then that night I got really bored and incredibly homesick. I'd read all of the books (somehow), there was nothing on TV, there was no internet and I was all alone there.  


I started to get that horrible 'Oh no' feeling again, and I suddenly realised that I didn't know how much the holiday would end up costing. I called my dad, who told me that I didn't have to pay for anything until I left and I asked him how much it would be in the end. I imagined around £300, but he told me it would be more like £1000. 


There was some kind of mad rush towards the end of the dream, like everything was on fast forward and I was in the middle of it panicking. Not a fun dream, not at all. 

1 comment:

  1. Post more dreams please, love your biggest fan. This is not spam. Hey that almost rhymed.

    ReplyDelete